Ways to Save Money on Plumbing
If you've been doing some renovations around your house, it's essential to remember your home's plumbing system. This is because maintaining your plumbing system and reducing water wastage can help you save extensively over time. And besides lowering your water bills, effective plumbing maintenance can also hinder major breakdowns that could put a big dent in your wallet. According to Forbes, 77% of Americans want to know how they can live more sustainably. One of the ways to achieve this is by employing some useful tips on how to save money on home expenses. So, how do you save money on plumbing? Here are seven tips:
- Ensure Your Toilet Is Flushing as It Should: If you need to push down hard or shake the handle, you might have some faulty or worn parts. Thus, you need to have them replaced right away. This will help it to work properly, which saves money on plumbing and your water bill.
- Clean Your Drains to Save Money on Plumbing: To hinder buildups and keep your drains in proper working condition, pour a cup of vinegar or a cup of baking soda into them at least once every month. Avoid using drain cleaners with harsh chemicals because they may damage your pipes as well as harm the environment. Additionally, you can place strainers on every drain to keep hair and any other particles from accumulating in your pipes, resulting in nasty clogs. Drain strainers help you to save money as well as time by avoiding clogs before they occur.
- Turn Off Your Taps Properly: Another useful DIY plumbing tip is turning off your taps properly. If you have a dripping tap, you might think that the amount of water being used is negligible. Nevertheless, in some cases, a dripping faucet can waste up to 15 gallons a day. By turning off your taps properly, you can reduce a sizable amount of water waste in your home. If the faucet continues to drip even after being fully closed, then it's time to repair or replace it. This will save you money on plumbing.
- Repair Leaks and Cracks Quickly: If you notice any small damp patches on your walls, floor, or roof, it might indicate leaking or cracked pipes. Damp patches may look like a minor issue, but these issues can grow into a severe plumbing issue that will take you more time and money to repair. Additionally, to find out any hidden leaks, turn off every appliance and tap and check the water meter to see if it's running. If it's still running, it means you have some hidden leaks somewhere in your home. In this case, you need to hire a professional plumber to locate as well as fix the leak.
- Install Low-Flow Toilets and Showerheads to Save Money on Plumbing: One way that can help you save money is by installing low-flow toilets. These toilets are designed to use less water per flush, and switching to them would therefore waste less water each time you use the restroom. Again, replacing your conventional showerheads with low-flow models can substantially reduce daily water consumption. Low-flow showerheads are easy to find and install.
- Locate Your Shut-Off Valve: In several plumbing emergencies, shutting off the water is your first step. Knowing how to find your water shut-off valve before an emergency strikes is crucial when it comes to saving you money and time. That way, you know where to go in case an emergency occurs. Else, you lose a lot of time searching for it. Next, you should learn how to use it properly so that if an emergency occurs, you are able to turn it off quickly. Again, if there is any flooded water, try to dry it as fast as possible so that a professional can fix the problem without the mess slowing them down.
- Schedule a Plumbing Inspection: Plumbing issues and emergencies left unattended for long can be costly to repair – so getting on top of the minor problems can save you a sizable amount of time and money. By having a reputable professional examine the plumbing throughout your home, you can rest assured that there is no water wastage in your home. A professional can spot any existing and potential problems and fix them for you before they become bigger, inconvenient, and more expensive.
Save Money on Plumbing
Every individual wants to cut down on expenses. With the above easy and cheap plumbing fixes, you can save a sizable amount of money by the end of each year. As the saying goes, "prevention is better than cure".
Trust the Professionals at Salt City Plumbing, Heating & Air for All Your Plumbing Needs
Are you looking for professional plumbers near you? Don't worry! Salt City Plumbing has got you covered. We value and care about your home and comfort, and that's why we are committed to providing our customers with honest, reliable, and high-quality plumbing services in Salt Lake City, Utah, and surrounding areas. Contact us for all your plumbing needs today! We will help you save money on plumbing.